Re: 2.6.16, udev and scsi devices (fwd)

Hi Christian

- The sequence of the SCSI drivers loaded at boot time was wrong.
 The "fix" for that is actually trivial: put the following two
 lines into /etc/modprobe.d/scsi (or any other file in
 /etc/modprobe.d):

 alias scsi_hostadapter megaraid
 alias scsi_hostadapter1 aic7xxx

ok, thanks for the clarification.

I should also clarify that I had this in /etc/modules:
   cpuid
   microcode
   msr
   # RAID card for root disk (2.4 kernels)
   megaraid2
   # FC HBA support
   mptscsih
   # cdrom support
   ide-detect
   ide-cd
I thought this ordering would have forced the right device ordering
as well, but apparently not. From the 2.6.16 boot log it does seem that
the modules are loaded in the correct order, ie megaraid before mptscsih.

Anyway, I've commented out the megaraid2 and mptscsih modules and made
a new file in /etc/modprobe.d with these entries:

   # force scsi adapter ordering
   #
   # for 2.4 kernel must use 'megaraid2'
   alias scsi_hostadapter megaraid2
   #
   alias scsi_hostadapter1 megaraid
   #
   # for LSI Fusion 929X FC adapters
   alias scsi_hostadapter2 mptscsih

Any comments?

I'll let you know how it goes, in a few days' time.

Cheers
Vince