Re: 2.6.16, udev and scsi devices

Hi Vincent,

I had a similar problem a while back and submitted a bug for
initrd-tools including a patch which fixed it for me. The bug is still
open but it's a one line change to a shell script and can be applied
easily. As a result, initrd will only load those drivers at boot time
which are absolutely required to access the boot disks, nothing else.

It's bug #347720, the patch is attached to the bug report.

If this patch fixes your problem, please let me know because I'll attach
this to #347720. Or, if you want, just update #347720 yourself.

Thanks,
--Christian