[solved] Re: php5-pgsql: missing pg_prepare()

Hello!

Norbert Tretkowski schrieb:
>>I just noticed, that the function pg_prepare() (exists since
>>5.1.0RC1) is missing in the backport package php5-pgsql.
>
> Probably because the backport of php5 is built against postgresql
> 7.4 from sarge.

Right, this is the reason. I checked the symbols in libpq.so.3 (postgres
7.4.7) and libpq.so.4 (postgres 8.x) and there is no symbol PGprepare in
v.3, but in v.4. I did not find the exact version that introduced this
function.

Thanks for lokking at it,
--
Martin Weis