Re: XOrg 6.9.0.dfsg.1-5bpo2 eats up all CPU

On Friday 12 May 2006 19:23, Norbert Tretkowski wrote:
> I think firefox is the real problem here. I've seen this bug also a
> few times (but it's not really reproducible), but only on one machine
> (which runs xorg and firefox from bpo). A lot other machines (neither
> sarge with backports, nor testing, nor unstable) never had this
> problem.

I will just note that it happens for me too. sarge with xorg from bpo.

But I usually don't use firefox. And I think that firefox was never running
when this happened (3 or 4 times).
OTOH I have a dictionary software that is I believe is built on to of the
Mozilla platform (probably on an earlier version from the beginning of
2005).

But the interesting thing is that I have another machine with mostly the
same applications (and same versions) where this never happened.

The machines are quite different (Centrino laptop (where it happens) and an
AMD based desktop), but I don't know what is important.

Regards,
Zsolt