Problems with firefox 1.5.dfsg+1.5.0.3-0bpo1: Won't open additional tabs from external applications

Hi,

Be careful when upgrading to 1.5.dfsg+1.5.0.3-0bpo1.  It shows bug
http://bugs.debian.org/365960:

Remote functionality broken in latest version

,---- #365960
| Start Firefox.
| >From commandline invoke: firefox http://debian.org/
|
| Expected: Firefox opens debian.org in existing session.
|
| Actual: Error: "Firefox is already running, but is not responding..."
|
| Additional information:
|  * If I run the Debian version of Firefox, but
|    use the official Firefox binary to open the new session it works
|    fine.
|  * '--safe-mode' makes no difference.
`----

This is extremely annoying for me, and I went back to
1.5.dfsg+1.5.0.3-0bpo1 (and disabled JavaScript because of the security
problem it still has).

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster