Re: alsa-oss?

On Sun, 30 Apr 2006 16:36:10 +0200
Norbert Tretkowski <norbert@tretkowski.de> wrote:

> I just uploaded a backport of alsa-oss.

Thanks, everything is installed and working fine now.

However, I should point out these things for other users -

1. Upgrade your version of module-init-tools to the one from backports.org before upgrading ALSA. If you don't you will probably see this message 100s of times, both on bootup and when you run alsaconf:

modprobe: WARNING: /etc/modprobe.d/linux-sound-base_noOSS line 17: ignoring bad line starting with 'blacklist'

Audio will probably still work anyway, but this is perhaps a bug in the linux-sound-base package?

2. Depending on your hardware, the upgrade of module-init-tools may result in the rtc module not being loaded on bootup. If this is a problem for you, it is easily solved by compiling Enhanced RTC into your kernel instead of as module. Or you can just not worry about it and use the generic RTC which your system will default to.

For reference, the setup I used this on is -

Custom 2.6.12-10 kernel
Asus A7N8X Deluxe motherboard
intel8x0 nvidia nforce2 AC97 onboard audio

Thanks again for the work.

Les