Accepted dgit 0.22~bpo70+1 (source all) into wheezy-backports, wheezy-backports
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2014 16:35:00 +0000
Architecture: source all
Maintainer: Ian Jackson <email@example.com>
Changed-By: Holger Levsen <firstname.lastname@example.org>
dgit - git interoperability with the Debian archive
Closes: 720085 720170 720171 720172 720176 720201 720490 720522 720523 720524 720525 720526 720555 720595 720895 720896 720897 720956 720958 721185 721186 721404 721428 721654 721661 722199 723605 725632 726955 727053 727125 727200 728893 729788 731632 731633 731635 732781 733954 734281 736153 736524 736526 736527 736528 736529 737619 737625 738536 740687 740721 751781 752602
dgit (0.22~bpo70+1) wheezy-backports; urgency=medium
* Rebuild for wheezy-backports.
* Add myself to uploaders.
dgit (0.22) unstable; urgency=medium
* Clone removes destination directory on error. Closes:#736153.
* Work with wheezy-backports (and keep squeeze-backports working too).
* Work in read-only no-git-history mode with Ubuntu. You still have
to pass -dubuntu. Closes:#751781.
* Use mirror.ftp-master.debian.org DNS alias rather than coccia.
* Check hashes of files ourselves rather than running dget to
re-retreive the .dsc.
* Check SHA-256 of .dsc against hash from archive_query (ie projectb)
rather than letting dpkg-source do a signature verification.
* Treat .dsc as bytes, just like everything else, rather than letting
HTTP::Message convert it to a Perl unicode string which the rest of
the program mishandles. Closes:#738536.
* Include canonicalised suite name in signed tag message.
* Mention cross-version dgit rpush incompatibility in manpage.
* Check for rpush protocol version incompatibility and crash early
* New script tests/using-intree for running tests on the source tree.
* Do not spew diff output to terminal (by default). Print sensible
message instead. Closes:#736526.
* Print better message for lack of configuration settings.
* Document that dgit rpush needs gnupg and your public key on the build
* Fix a manpage reference to `--dget=' where `--dgit=' was intended.
* Provide t-archive-process-incoming and t-archive-query subroutines for
regression test scripts to use.
* Print better message for unknown operations.
* Provide `dgit clean'. Closes:#736527.
* When cloning, set up a remote `vcs-git' from the package's Vcs-Git
(and put an appropriate caveat in the manpage). Closes:#740687.
* Improve error message for .dsc having already been signed (iff
using libdpkg-perl 1.17.x). Closes:#731635.
* Improve error message for .dsc parsing failures more generally.
* Better reporting of child exit statuses (esp. deaths due to signals).
* In rpush, on protocol error talking to build host, check if the
subprocess died and report differently if so. Closes:#736528.
* Fixed a manpage typo.
* When tests invoke dgit, use --dgit= so that subprocesses use our
dgit rather than system one.
* Add a test for dgit rpush.
Major new feature, currently stalled awaiting server infrastructure:
* dgit-repos-server: New program for receiving signed-tag-based
pushes. Corresponding support in dgit itself, but not currently
used by default for any distro.
* Bring forward push of the version tag ref so it happens alongside
the push of the suite branch ref.
* New git-check and git-create methods "true" which are no-ops.
* test-dummy-drs `distro': for testing dgit and dgit-repos-server.
dgit (0.21) unstable; urgency=medium
Bugfixes relating to unclean trees:
* Run a clean (of the specified type) before any build operation; do
this with `dpkg-buildpackage -T' clean if necessary, so -wd now works
with all the building methods.
* Refuse to do quilt fixup (explicitly requested, or as a result of
build) if the tree contains ignored files. Closes:#731632.
Error message improvements:
* Use failedcmd to report errors when ssh psql fails. Closes:#734281.
* failedcmd prints $us, not $_ - ie, dgit doesn't pretend,
in the error message, to be its child.
* Do not report the (irrelevant) $? when madison parsing fails.
Better workflow flexibility:
* Provide --build-products-dir option (and corresponding semantics
for -C) to specify where to find the files to upload. Closes:#731633.
Support for Debian backports suites:
* New quirks infrastructure in configuration and internals,
for suites (or perhaps distros) which are a bit like others.
* Use correct default archive location.
* Compute "-v" option default value correctly.
* Add `Testsuite: autopkgtest' to debian/control. (This will only have
the right effect with recent enought dpkg; it will generate a harmless
warning with earlier versions of dpkg.)
dgit (0.20) unstable; urgency=high
* Use newest (not oldest) version currently in suite when calculating
what value to use for -v<version> by default. Closes:#732781.
dgit (0.19) unstable; urgency=low
* Provide "test-dummy" distro with "dummycat" access method.
* Provide a selection of autopkgtest (DEP-8) tests.
dgit (0.18.2) unstable; urgency=high
Bump archive upload urgency to high.
dgit (0.18.1) unstable; urgency=low
* sshpsql archive query method passes LANG=C. Closes:#729788.
* Subcommand program or argument options containing hyphens work.
(Eg, --dpkg-buildpackage:blah was previously incorrectly rejected.)
* Depend on dput.
* Depend on curl | wget, as dget needs one of those. (The dput package,
which contains dget, doesn't require them because dput itself works
dgit (0.18) unstable; urgency=low
Major new feature:
* Remote push (dgit rpush), a la debsign -r. Closes:#721185.
* dgit build, by default, uses the archive to find out what the correct
-v<version> option is to pass to dpkg-genchanges. Closes:#727200.
* Abolish the sshdakls method and replace it with sshpsql: that is, ssh
(to coccia, by default) and run sql commands on the ftpmaster
database. This is faster and has fewer bugs but is vulnerable to db
schema changes. Closes:#726955. Closes:#720170. Closes:#720176.
* When generating git tags, quote the (uncanonicalised) changelog's
Distribution field as the suite.
* Command execution reports from --dry-run go to stderr.
Other new features:
* Support --gpg=... to provide a replacement command for gpg.
* Support --ssh=... and --ssh:... to affect how we run ssh.
* When using sbuild, pass the arguments to mergechanges in the right
order so that we use the correct Description (the _source one,
not the one from sbuild which didn't get e.g. -v<version>).
* push actually takes an optional suite, like it says in the synopsis.
* Fix dgit --damp-run sbuild to actually work.
* Fix the "shellquote" internal subroutine. The bugs in it ought not to
have caused any real trouble in previous versions of dgit.
Documentation and message fixes:
* manpage: Clarify comments about orig tarballs. Closes: #723605.
* manpage: Remove comment in BUGS about lack of policy docs
for Dgit field, which is specified now. Closes:#720201.
* manpage: Make discussion of --existing-package less scary. The
default archive access method no longer needs it. Closes:#720171.
* Mention "git merge", not "git-merge", in helpful message.
Internal and debugging improvements:
* Report chdir actions in debugging output.
* Improvements to implementation of --dry-run and --damp-run.
* Some code motion and cleanups.
Note: changelog entries for the following versions, which were uploaded
to Debian experimental, have been collapsed into this single entry:
0.17~experimental7 0.17~experimental6 0.17~experimental5
0.17~experimental4 0.17~experimental3 0.17~experimental2
0.16~experimental3 0.16~experimental2 0.16~experimental1
We do describe here all the changes since 0.17.
dgit (0.17) unstable; urgency=high
* Do not grobble around in .git/refs/; instead, use git-show-ref.
This avoids breaking when git makes packed refs. Closes:728893.
* Clarify error message for missing refs/remotes/dgit/dgit/<suite>.
dgit (0.16) unstable; urgency=high
* Format `(3.0) quilt' fixup does not mind extraneous other files
in the build tree (e.g., build products and logs). Closes: #727053.
* Set autoflush on stdout, to get better ordering of debugging
etc. output when stdout is redirected.
* New --damp-run mode, for more convenient and fuller testing etc.
dgit (0.15) unstable; urgency=low
* Better handling of packages pushed using dgit and stuck in NEW.
(And, use of `--new' is not needed with fetch.) Closes: #722199.
* More comprehensive warnings in many cases of archive skew.
* Implement `dgit help' as well as `--help'. Closes: #721661.
* Provide `dgit version' and `--version'. Closes: #721654.
dgit (0.14) unstable; urgency=low
* Include package name in tag message.
* Create directory .git/dgit when needed during build. Closes: #721428.
* Add Vcs-Git and Vcs-Browser [Richard Hartmann]. Closes: #721404.
These fields refer to the development branch, "master", on alioth,
not to the dgit suite refs (which are not accessible to git clone).
dgit (0.13) unstable; urgency=low
* Reuse already-downloaded .orig files after checking their hashes.
Closes: #720526. (This introduces a dependency on Digest::SHA.)
* Do not always pointlessly fetch the .dsc twice. (That code was
erroneously duplicated during editing, apparently.)
* Remove DGET_UNPACK from the environment in case the user has set it.
* Remove scary warning from Description.
* When uploading to Debian, tell dput to upload to "ftp-master". This
avoids problems with derivatives whose dput has a different default.
* Fix some bugs in dgit fetch --dry-run which made dgit push
--dry-run often not work at all.
* Update the local tracking branch for the dgit remote, when pushing.
* Fix references in manpage to old Vcs-Dgit-Master field name.
* Reorganise manpage sections to be in a more conventional order.
* New manpage section on FILES IN THE SOURCE PACKAGE BUT NOT IN GIT.
dgit (0.12) unstable; urgency=low
* Cope with packages with epoch. Closes: #720897.
* Improve error message for non-fast-forward push. Closes: #720896.
* New --ignore-dirty option to skip noncritical check. Closes: #720895.
* New --no-quilt-fixup option to suppress quilt fixup. RTFM.
* Add Closes line for #720595 to changelog entry for 0.11.
dgit (0.11) unstable; urgency=low
* Location of dgit-repos is now git.debian.org:/git/dgit-repos/repos.
Closes: #720525. The rename on the server side will break older
versions of dgit.
* Fix bug which would make quilt patch fixup fail if git status
produced "M" lines.
* Autogenerated quilt patch fixup patch Description contains several
recent git commits, rather than implying that the patch corresponds
exactly to the top git commit.
* Use "ftp.debian.org" not "http.debian.net" as the default Debian
archive. (http.debian.net tends to defeat certain kinds of cacheing,
and can also have more skew.)
* dgit build uses dpkg-buildpackage; there is a dgit git-build
for using git-buildpackage. Closes: #720595.
* Better error message for use of UNRELEASED suite. Closes: #720523.
* Do not canonicalise suite more than once. Related to: #720526.
* Fix a badly open-coded copy of check_not_dirty. Closes: #720524.
* Fix some bugs in building (eg build-source would fail to do the quilt
fixup; the --clean check in build was wrong).
* Add missing dependency on realpath.
* git-build (git-buildpackage wrapper) does not bother canonicalising
the suite if --git-ignore-branch is used.
dgit (0.10) unstable; urgency=low
* Create .pc/applied-patches - do not empty it (!)
dgit (0.9) unstable; urgency=low
* New cleaning arrangements.
* More comprehensive workaround for `3.0 (quilt)'.
* In push, double-check the .changes against the changelog.
* Better error when source package contains .git. Closes: #720555.
* Change our .dsc field name to `Dgit'. Relevant to #720201.
* Fix bug handling our synthetic merges when we see them in
the remote suite branch.
* `3.0 (quilt)' fixup creates .pc/applied-patches since modern
dpkg-source creates it even though old ones didn't always.
dgit (0.8) unstable; urgency=low
* Fix comparison of archive's .dsc's hash and git branch head
* When creating repos in dgit-repos (using the ssh-cmd method),
copy _template rather than using mkdir and git init.
* In push, do git fetch as well as archive fetch, or archive
fetch can fail.
dgit (0.7) unstable; urgency=low
* If dak ls, or rmadison, reports multiple versions, look for them
all, and pick the newest .dsc that doesn't give 404.
* Manpage formatting fix.
* Name the local remote tracking branch remotes/dgit/dgit/<suite>
so that we avoid a warning from git about ambiguous branch names.
dgit (0.6) unstable; urgency=low
* Allow fetching when archive has out-of-date git hash in .dsc.
dgit (0.5) unstable; urgency=low
* Upload to unstable, as this version mostly works. (All the RC
bugs of which I'm aware are now properly represented in the BTS.)
dgit (0.4~pre2) experimental; urgency=low
* Mangle debian/<version> tags the way git-buildpackage does
(as of git-buildpackage 0.5.5, 3c6bbd0f4992f8da).
* Support dgit-distro.<distro>.keyid config option.
* Revert change to ssh to alioth CNAME, as the recommended CNAME
is to something with no write access to the fs and the new CNAME
has not yet been set up. This reintroduces #720172 :-/.
dgit (0.4~pre1) experimental; urgency=low
* Use dgit.debian.net vhost on alioth. Closes:#720172.
* Usage message. Closes:#720085.
* Provide "dgit sbuild".
* Assorted manpage fixes and improvements.
* Fail if a required config item is missing.
* Much better error messages.
* Better error checking when parsing RFC822-style control data.
* Better checking that the supplied .dsc and debian/changes correspond.
* Ordering improvement in push: don't add dsc field until git push done.
* New --distro option (helps with unknown suites).
dgit (0.3) experimental; urgency=low
* New version which appears to be able to sort of work at least
some of the time.
dgit (0.2) experimental; urgency=low
* New version which might actually work but probably won't.
dgit (0.1) experimental; urgency=low
* Initial experimental (partial) version.
b2a53b88d7c82a152ae22308f04a27d921c2cc7b 1575 dgit_0.22~bpo70+1.dsc
792c3cac74bc21c72c4ff5ff2d9ce5d4a134723d 169425 dgit_0.22~bpo70+1.tar.gz
4eabd88f6ea35b7fe36b234126e5dc6b619f5219 41940 dgit_0.22~bpo70+1_all.deb
1ed71cc041931d308553f5daaec91573cf9bb2cc9e555c473ef07a847a54af23 1575 dgit_0.22~bpo70+1.dsc
d37be8014b97c41ebe2ca612bb886124bcd44992fd1814e3370709518331205c 169425 dgit_0.22~bpo70+1.tar.gz
7c10c306339d652ff1c3be11697a730cb085738e3bb64b4ca2ea9e6cbe8fbb08 41940 dgit_0.22~bpo70+1_all.deb
c5dfd78ac012ba3719f77c4ab8471fe6 1575 devel optional dgit_0.22~bpo70+1.dsc
15494ce731e70df02fdfc7f2e8af2615 169425 devel optional dgit_0.22~bpo70+1.tar.gz
6c3e7c602f16872a1cb3d165a017a15f 41940 devel optional dgit_0.22~bpo70+1_all.deb
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.12 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----