psad_2.1.7-1~bpo50+1_amd64.changes is NEW
(new) psad_2.1.7-1~bpo50+1.debian.tar.gz optional admin
(new) psad_2.1.7-1~bpo50+1.dsc optional admin
(new) psad_2.1.7-1~bpo50+1_amd64.deb optional admin
Port Scan Attack Detector
PSAD is a collection of four lightweight system daemons (in Perl and
C) designed to work with iptables to detect port scans. It features:
* a set of highly configurable danger thresholds (with sensible
* verbose alert messages that include the source, destination,
scanned port range, beginning and end times, TCP flags, and
corresponding Nmap options;
* reverse DNS information;
* alerts via email;
* automatic blocking of offending IP addresses via dynamic firewall
When combined with fwsnort and the iptables string match extension,
PSAD is capable of detecting many attacks described in the Snort rule
set that involve application layer data.
(new) psad_2.1.7.orig.tar.gz optional admin
Changes: psad (2.1.7-1~bpo50+1) lenny-backports; urgency=low
* Rebuild for lenny-backports.
psad (2.1.7-1) unstable; urgency=low
* New upstream release.
psad (2.1.6-1) unstable; urgency=low
* New upstream release:
+ Alternate configuration files can be specified to override the default
psad.conf. (Closes: #409815)
+ Removed fixes_spelling.diff applied patch.
* Refreshed packaging to handle the brand new override-config feature from
+ Added psad.default file to allow the user to specify argument he wants to
pass to psad when invoking through the initscript.
+ Refreshed initscript to handle the new variable DAEMON_ARGS which is
defined in /etc/default/psad.
+ Updated d.NEWS accordingly.
* Moved Homepage field to the upper section in d.control.
* Updated dependencies:
+ Used default-mta rather than exim4.
+ Moved bastille from Recommends to Suggests, and removed Conflicts
since it only affected old releases of Bastille.
* Bumped up Standards-Version to 3.9.0 (no changes).
* Added new patch t_upstream_hyphen.diff to fix hyphen in manual page.
psad (2.1.5-3) unstable; urgency=low
* Set /me as main maintainer.
* Switch to dpkg-source 3.0 (quilt) format:
+ Removed useless README.source which only documented quilt usage.
+ Remved BD on quilt.
+ Removed quilt framework from d.rules.
* Bumped up Standards-Version to 3.8.4 (no changes).
* Added Vcs fields in d.control.
* Refreshed long description with patch from Justin B Rye. (Closes: #567897)
* Added patch fixes_spelling.diff to fix spelling errors in the manpages.
* Added dependency against lsb-base (>= 3.0-6) to ensure the
/lib/lsb/init-functions can be sourced through the initscript.
* Refreshed d.watch so that we do not use uupdate anymore, since it is
useless with my workflow.
* Refreshed d.copyright following DEP5 guideline.
* Refreshed d.psad.docs:
+ Removed README.SYSLOG from the docs since psad do not use the fwdata
+ Removed duplicate entry for FW_HELP.
psad (2.1.5-2) unstable; urgency=low
* Added a dependency on bsd-mailx | mailx | mailutils package to provide the
mail command. (Closes: #521683)
* Added a dependency on exim4 | mail-transport-agent to provide the sendmail
* Bumped up Standards-Version to 3.8.3.
+ Handled the DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS:
Updated d.rules to handle the new options.
Added quilt framework.
Added patch fixes_build.diff to pass OPTS to the makefile, and honour
psad (2.1.5-1) unstable; urgency=low
* New upstream release
* Use of dh_installman:
- Updated install target in d.rules to remove manpages installation.
- Added dh_installman to the binary-arch target.
- Listed all manpages in psad.manpages.
- Removed the man page directory from d.dirs.
* Use nf2csv.1 instead of nfcsv.8 (not in upstream source anymore).
* Added the new fwcheck_psad.8 manpage. (Closes: #277457)
* Updated d.control
+ Add fwsnort to the Suggests field.
+ Add /me to Uploaders.
+ Set compatibility level to 7 along with d.compat.
+ Removed old ipchains dependency.
+ Replaced the old default log daemon (sysklogd) by the new one (rsyslog).
* Created new init script from scratch. (Closes: #504567)
* Created psad.preinst (Closes: #497574).
* Removed psad.debhelper.log from the debian directory.
* Removed preinst script whose goal was to stop the daemon through the
initscript. (Debhelper can handle that alone).
* Updated postinst script.
+ Do not do backup of configuration files anymore (let dpkg do its work).
+ Update HOSTNAME variable in psad.conf automatically.
+ Do not create the fifo file. Psad's default behavior has changed.
* Updated postrm script and removed prerm script. We take care of the
cleaning in postrm.
* Added d.NEWS to report important changes in the package.
psad (2.1.4-1) unstable; urgency=low
* New upstream release
* Acknowledge NMU.
psad (2.1.3-1.2) unstable; urgency=low
* applied patch for removing psad with /var/run/ mounted as tmpfs
Override entries for your package:
Announcing to email@example.com
Your package contains new components which requires manual editing of
the override file. It is ok otherwise, so please be patient. New
packages are usually added to the override file about once a week.
You may have gotten the distribution wrong. You'll get warnings above
if files already exist in other distributions.