Accepted openafs 1.4.6.dfsg1-2~bpo40+1 (source i386 all)
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 19:19:51 +0000
Binary: openafs-krb5 openafs-client libopenafs-dev openafs-modules-source openafs-kpasswd libpam-openafs-kaserver openafs-dbserver openafs-dbg openafs-fileserver openafs-doc
Architecture: source i386 all
Maintainer: Sam Hartman <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Changed-By: Dominic Hargreaves <email@example.com>
libopenafs-dev - AFS distributed filesystem development libraries
libpam-openafs-kaserver - AFS distributed filesystem kaserver PAM module
openafs-client - AFS distributed filesystem client support
openafs-dbg - AFS distributed filesystem debugging information
openafs-dbserver - AFS distributed filesystem database server
openafs-doc - AFS distributed filesystem documentation
openafs-fileserver - AFS distributed filesystem file server
openafs-kpasswd - AFS distributed filesystem old password changing
openafs-krb5 - AFS distributed filesystem Kerberos 5 integration
openafs-modules-source - AFS distributed filesystem kernel module source
Closes: 405697 405982 409357 409797 410120 410314 411818 415699 415952 416398 416497 416685 418966 419903 420597 424448 427555 428401 430179 432344 435765 443937 446837 447183 448380 448449 448452 448793 449432 453398 453399 456258 458331
openafs (1.4.6.dfsg1-2~bpo40+1) etch-backports; urgency=low
* Backport to etch:
- add myself to Uploaders
openafs (1.4.6.dfsg1-2) unstable; urgency=low
* Apply additional upstream patches to the 2.6.24 support to fix
builds with older kernels. Thanks to Felix Koop for the testing.
* Remove old /etc/openafs/server-local files from older versions when
* Minor reformatting of openafs-client's postrm.
* Remove databases on purge of openafs-dbserver.
* Remove log files when purging openafs-fileserver or openafs-dbserver
per Policy 10.8.
openafs (1.4.6.dfsg1-1) unstable; urgency=low
* New upstream release.
- Fixes multiple serious problems with the file server.
* Apply upstream patch for Linux 2.6.24 support. Thanks to Anders
Kaseorg for researching the necessary deltas. (Closes: #456258)
* Apply upstream patch to allocate vnodes from the malloc pool rather
than off the stack, fixing file server problems on SPARC. Thanks to
Barney Sowood for tracking down the patch. (Closes: #448380)
* Apply upstream patch from the 1.5 series to allow multiple realms to
be listed in the server krb.conf and hence treated as local.
* Build bosserver with --enable-bos-new-config. On startup, if
BosConfig.new exists, it will be renamed to BosConfig before the
configuration is read. (Closes: #453398)
* Add a comment to /etc/openafs/afs.conf.client that the file is managed
by debconf. (Closes: #447183)
* Add more debugging and bug reporting instructions to README.Debian.
* Mention in README.Debian that the server is built with supergroups
enabled and with the multiple local realm patch. (Closes: #453399)
* Support reconfigure in postinst.
* Recode debian/copyright to UTF-8.
* Update to standards version 3.7.3 (no changes required).
openafs (1.4.5.dfsg1-1) unstable; urgency=low
* New upstream release.
- Even with a new enough Linux kernel to support keyrings, we still
may have found the system call table and need to clean it up when
unloading the module. (Closes: #448793)
* Use uname -m rather than dpkg --print-architecture to determine the
sysname for kernel module builds. Otherwise, builds with a different
kernel architecture than userspace (amd64 kernels with i386 userspace,
for example) don't work. Thanks, Anders Kaseorg. (Closes: #448452)
* Fix signing the generated the changes file on a kernel module build.
The module build file reorganization required an additional change to
genchanges. Thanks, Anders Kaseorg. (Closes: #448449)
* Expose prototypes for the ktc_* functions. (Closes: #449432)
* Fix man pages for subcommands to use an underscore in the NAME section
instead of a space so that they'll be indexed properly by the current
groff and man-db.
* Update CellServDB to 2007-10-25 GCO release.
* Add Homepage to the package control fields.
openafs (1.4.5~pre2.dfsg1-1) unstable; urgency=low
* New upstream release candidate.
- Fix errors when compiled with gcc 4.2. (Closes: #443937)
- Add a frightening hack to work around the lack of getcontext and
savecontext for 32-bit SPARc. (Closes: #415952, #446837)
- Add support for Linux 2.6.23.
- Multiple bug fixes for client tracking in the file server.
- Prevent one client from consuming all file server threads.
* Remove the workaround added for 2.6.20 and 2.6.21 kernels with
CONFIG_PARAVIRT enabled. The mistaken GPL-labelling of core
interfaces was fixed in 2.6.22, which has now migrated to testing.
* Scan /var/log/openafs for core files with a PID appended when a server
run by bosserver exits with a signal. bosserver was unable to
correctly handle core files for multithreaded servers since it
expected a filename of core and Linux always appends a PID to core
dumps by multithreaded processes.
* Fix make kdist in openafs-modules-source, inadvertently broken by a
missing genchanges script.
* Stop creating /var/lib/openafs/cores. Nothing actually uses it.
openafs (1.4.4.dfsg1-7) unstable; urgency=low
* Switch to quilt for managing patches to the upstream source.
* Stop installing the Administrator's Reference. All of the useful
information in here has been converted to man pages.
* Use the upstream man page for pt_util, which lets us remove the
docbook-to-man build dependency.
* Update to the latest CellServDB from grand.central.org.
* Trim additional unuseful debug information from openafs-dbg.
* Restructure the source for the module package. The build files for
the module build are now in debian/module in the source package and
there is a completely separate rules file. This way, the module build
rules don't have to depend on quilt and the structure is clearer.
* Fix debhelper dependencies for the module build.
* Update module standards version to 3.7.2 (no changes required).
openafs (1.4.4.dfsg1-6) unstable; urgency=low
* Apply upstream patch for the OpenAFS file server to treat clients that
have an all-zero UUID as if they don't have UUID support, working
around bugs in various client versions that can cause multiple hosts
to use all-zero UUIDs and conflict with each other.
* Use dpkg --print-architecture to determine the AFS sysname for both
regular builds (avoiding --print-installation-architecture, which is
deprecated) and kernel builds (avoiding arch, which is temporarily not
in unstable and which wouldn't do the right thing for cross-compiles).
Thanks, Chris Hanson. (Closes: #435765)
* Add hppa as a recognized architecture for kernel module builds,
although OpenAFS currently only supports 2.4 kernels on HPPA so this
isn't that useful.
openafs (1.4.4.dfsg1-5) unstable; urgency=low
* Apply upstream patch from Jeffrey Hutzelman to fix syscall probing on
AMD64 with Linux 2.6.22 kernels. (Closes: #430179)
* Add a union to des_ks_struct and reorder includes to get the correct
alignment for DES code on SPARC. Thanks, Chaskiel Grundman. Partly
* Fix a typo in debian/kern-sysname that caused openafs-modules-source
to still assume all ia64 systems used Linux 2.4. Thanks, Jakob
Haufe. (Closes: #432344)
* Use LSB logging functions for openafs-fileserver and support passing
arguments to bosserver in /etc/default/openafs-fileserver by setting
* Clean up more completely after a purge of openafs-fileserver. Remove
the files created by the server in /var/lib/openafs/local, remove
KeyFile and CellServDB.old from /etc/openafs/server, and remove
BosConfig from /etc/openafs.
openafs (1.4.4.dfsg1-4) unstable; urgency=low
* Apply upstream patch from Jeffrey Hutzelman to fix kernel module
builds on ppc64. (Closes: #427555)
* Apply upstream patches for Linux 2.6.22 support. (Closes: #428401)
* Apply upstream patch to fix the AFS /proc structure under Linux
188.8.131.52 and later.
* Move /etc/openafs/server-local to /var/lib/openafs/local. Most of the
files here are automatically generated and hence not configuration
files, and the file server has to write to this directory to start (so
having it in /etc breaks read-only / file systems). Thanks, Alexei
Sheplyakov. (Closes: #405697)
* Move upserver and upclient to /usr/lib/openafs (from /usr/sbin) to
match upstream's layout and for consistency with the other servers run
* Use --name instead of --exec in the openafs-fileserver init script and
drop the --pidfile option (bosserver doesn't create a PID file) so
that we don't start a second bosserver on upgrades.
* Go back to using krb5-config. The dependency problem has now been
fixed on all platforms in the krb5 package and this is the preferred
openafs (1.4.4.dfsg1-3) unstable; urgency=low
* Always generate a UUID on client startup even if for some reason we
don't think we have any network interfaces. Otherwise, the client
will use an all-zeroes UUID, which will collide with every other
client with the same problem.
* When afsd is started with -rmtsys, it starts another process that afsd
-shutdown doesn't kill. Update the init script to kill this process
on stop. (Closes: #405982)
* Don't use krb5-config to get a library list. It runs the risk of
encoding unnecessary library dependencies. Instead, hard-code the
flags and libraries we actually need. (Closes: #424448)
* When loading a module using the upstream naming convention, don't
append the .mp to the module name for modprobe. (Closes: #420597)
openafs (1.4.4.dfsg1-2) unstable; urgency=low
* Debian kernels as of 2.6.20 enable CONFIG_PARAVIRT, which redefines
several core kernel calls as redirects through a paravirt.ops table
that's marked GPL-only. This breaks all non-GPL modules that used
those (previously generally exported) calls even indirectly. Apply a
hack to switch from spin_lock_irq to spin_lock_irqsave to avoid the
paravirt redirection so that the module will build.
* Enable ucontext for all Linux builds with glibc 2.4 or later, not just
with i386 and amd64, and (following an upstream patch) always use
ucontext on ia64. Newer versions of glibc change internal structures
in ways that cause the old LWP code to have stack overflows.
* Apply upstream patch to crashes on contention in afs_xuser when a
process in a PAG exits. Thanks, Chaskiel Grundman.
* When determining the AFS sysname for kernel module builds, add
explicit cases for 2.6 kernels for all architectures that support them
(everything except non-64-bit sparc_linux). Fixes build problems with
ia64 and probably other architectures. Thanks to Ippokratis Pandis
for the debugging help. (Closes: #411818)
* Prefer alpha_linux_26 to alpha_linux_24 for the non-kernel build on
Alpha, now that the source supports it.
* Add support for the s390x architecture. Upstream supports it and
there's no reason not to.
* Fix the watch file to remove .dfsg\d+ when comparing versions.
openafs (1.4.4.dfsg1-1) unstable; urgency=low
* Repackage upstream source to remove two additional files covered under
the APSL. (Closes: #416685)
* Build-depend on Automake since we run aclocal during the build. Not
having aclocal caused local patches to osconf.m4 to not be effective,
leading to the wrong compiler flags for shared libraries. Thanks to
Frank Lichtenheld for the report. (Closes: #416398, #416497, #418966)
openafs (1.4.4-1) experimental; urgency=low
* New upstream release. (Closes: #415699)
- Support newer Linux kernels. (Closes: #409797, #410120)
- Add aklog fallbacks for null realms to support the referral
capability in MIT Kerberos 1.6 and later. (Closes: #410314)
* Apply patch from Thomas Sesselmann to support setting options to pass
to bosserver in /etc/default/openafs-fileserver. (Closes: #409357)
* Remove the rx_Init calls in the PAM module. The internal counters
that had to be initialized that way have been removed.
* Now that we're running regen.sh as part of the build process, only
patch the Autoconf source files and not the generated output to make
the diff easier to audit.
1d9f00277fee56db22e101f4a4ea186c 949 net optional openafs_1.4.6.dfsg1-2~bpo40+1.dsc
134888bf8c9898b6e7eee6fbd6f089a2 9276753 net optional openafs_1.4.6.dfsg1.orig.tar.gz
f1a96460a6836c668758596597d37ded 126774 net optional openafs_1.4.6.dfsg1-2~bpo40+1.diff.gz
59f4499e2207ea8f9fa4a78dd6d00cd3 2656004 doc optional openafs-doc_1.4.6.dfsg1-2~bpo40+1_all.deb
726adcf9f1a61f670727b0508f7e079d 5577048 net extra openafs-modules-source_1.4.6.dfsg1-2~bpo40+1_all.deb
471ec61f30bf68b92d01e444fd60f8a5 2867932 net optional openafs-client_1.4.6.dfsg1-2~bpo40+1_i386.deb
43b382a7b5cba44aed4c2e47dc978099 271328 net extra openafs-kpasswd_1.4.6.dfsg1-2~bpo40+1_i386.deb
d7588207d9212a241cb5412a0e1e28ba 1016378 net optional openafs-fileserver_1.4.6.dfsg1-2~bpo40+1_i386.deb
2d55f444da58cbb7ef092f87d0f160a2 549154 net optional openafs-dbserver_1.4.6.dfsg1-2~bpo40+1_i386.deb
8c77e6c9e7e99cf7f2f1867b338748e1 166366 net optional openafs-krb5_1.4.6.dfsg1-2~bpo40+1_i386.deb
eae066bd26509624519f9de08dce9a71 1883910 libdevel extra libopenafs-dev_1.4.6.dfsg1-2~bpo40+1_i386.deb
34d1716997a7606d05b25c27d466c9bc 414374 net extra libpam-openafs-kaserver_1.4.6.dfsg1-2~bpo40+1_i386.deb
7ec923838c2914cb071c4a89b6453023 1055106 libdevel extra openafs-dbg_1.4.6.dfsg1-2~bpo40+1_i386.deb
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----