Accepted wpasupplicant 0.5.4-1bpo1 (source i386)
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 20:22:06 +0200
Binary: wpagui wpasupplicant
Architecture: source i386
Maintainer: Debian/Ubuntu wpasupplicant Maintainers <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Changed-By: Norbert Tretkowski <email@example.com>
wpagui - GUI for wpa_supplicant
wpasupplicant - Client support for WPA and WPA2 (IEEE 802.11i)
Closes: 366937 368770 372615 373179 373948 374342 375599 376243 376553 376651
wpasupplicant (0.5.4-1bpo1) sarge-backports; urgency=low
* Rebuilt for sarge.
* Built against libqt3-dev.
wpasupplicant (0.5.4-2) unstable; urgency=low
[ Kel Modderman ]
* End testing period. The 0.5 branch of wpa_supplicant upstream has proven
to be non disruptive to users' configurations over the past few weeks,
lets now allow this to propogate to testing. (Closes: #374342)
* Clean up the LSB Init header block. Provide all fields as per LSB Init
Script Comment Convention specification.
* Do not use /usr/bin/env to interrogate the environment for IF_WPA
variables, /usr may not be mounted at time of invocation. Use `set'
(shell built-in) instead. (Closes: #376243)
* Exit if IFSTATE_FILE or INTERFACES_FILE do not exist. Also, look for
ifstate file in /var/run/network to remain compatible with Ubuntu's
ifupdown divergence. (lp#51351)
* Add a similar IFSTATE_FILE test to wpa-ifupdown.init, to remain compatible
with Ubuntu. (lp#51351)
* Update wpa_action.8 with the behaviour of wpa_action when IFSTATE_FILE or
INTERFACES_FILE cannot be found, and the pathnames searched for their
* Mention wpa_cli(8) in Custom Action Script section of README.Debian, as it
contains information about environment variables available to the script
* Also clarify dhclient wpacli-action script usage, to avoid people
mistakenly cp'ing the skeleton script.
* Add some info about howto revert installation of deprecated init script to
* Add 'wpa-verbosity' switch, so that setting 'wpa-verbosity 1' in an
interfaces stanza will cause wpa_supplicant's ifupdown hook to be loud.
This was overlooked when #361586 was closed some time ago.
* Remove return value hack in wpa_action, use set -e to exit on error
instead. (Closes: #376553)
* Not only flush IFACE when iproute is installed, but also use /sbin/ip to
set 'up' operstate as well.
* Default to wext without exception. Remove the check for wireless extensions
via /proc/net/wireless, and prevent driver type of "wired" from being
selected in the case that the iface may not be "prepared" yet.
* Remove duplicating pidfile shell var's in wpa_action.sh by simply making
[ Reinhard Tartler ]
* Note that ap_scap=2 can help speeding up associations (Closes: #368770)
* wpa_action: flush the ip addr, if the package iproute is installed
* wpa_action: add action 'reload' to reload the wpa_supplicant configuration
* debian/control: add iproute to Recommends
wpasupplicant (0.5.4-1) unstable; urgency=low
* New upstream release.
* WPA_CRTL_DIR environment variable is now exported to action scripts, we
will use it to print a status report after a CONNECTED event.
* Make logfile contents easier to read by adding a break between each ACTION
* Recommend dhcp3-client, it handles consecutive wpa_action events with more
grace than dhcp-client by not starting multiple dhclient processes on the
* Don't remove wpa_action logfile on 'stop'.
* Enhance wpa_action(8) to better explain the concept of a LOGICAL
* Install wpa_passphrase to /bin. (Closes: #373948)
* Manpages have been slightly enhanced, and now briefly explain wpa_cli
action environment variables and wpa_supplicant -C and -g options.
* Rename wpa_cli daemon pidfile to wpa_action.IFACE.pid for wpa-roam.
* Further env variable testing cleanups to ifupdown.sh.
* Global rename of WPA_COMMON_CTRL_IFACE to WPA_CTRL_DIR, as this is used
for the same purposes upstream.
* No longer penalise users for not having ctrl_interface explicitly
contained within their wpa_supplicant.conf. (Closes: #375599)
* Move WPA_ACTION_SCRIPT sanity checking into init_wpa_supplicant() to avoid
ifupdown.sh exiting when bringing down an interface when ifup previously
failed due to a missing or non-executable action script.
* Add numerous code comments to ifupdown.sh.
* Move WPA_CLI_OPTIONS and WPA_SUP_OPTIONS into their respective init()
* wpa_action now logs 'stop' events to file, updated manpage.
* Split wpa_action logging into two parts, event and environment. Only
wpa_cli events will echo env var's.
* wpa_action exits with retval of ifdown command on 'stop' event.
* Add workaround for sendsigs (initscripts) terminating wpa_supplicant
processes before networking is shutdown gracefully. An init script
wpa-ifupdown is called at sequence number 15 in runlevels 0 and 6 to bring
down all interfaces that were started via ifupdown.sh.
wpasupplicant (0.5.3+20060522-3) unstable; urgency=low
* review and make the warnings in debian/NEWS even more obvious.
* advertise the manpage wpa_action(8) and the implemented roaming solution
* Bugfix: /etc/network/ifstate is not guarenteed to exist, we should grep
/etc/network/run/ifstate in wpa_action. (Closes: #373179)
* Include madwifi old development headers and provide a series of steps to
enable support for users of the madwifi-old driver in debian/NEWS.
* Restore init script example and information about its usage.
* Use INTERFACES_FILE and IFSTATE_FILE in wpa_action.sh. Thanks for idea
from Modestas Vainius.
wpasupplicant (0.5.3+20060522-2) experimental; urgency=low
* Warn user and exit when wpa-roam is not started with manual inet METHOD.
* Remove awk line to "guess" a network_id, instead create the new block and
store output of wpa_cli in WPA_ID. (make sure that -i IFACE is used)
* Rename wpa_cli_wrapper() to wpa_cli() and make it absoluetly generic,
including only the IFACE and path to ctrl_iface socket.
* Introduce wpa_cli_do() and rewrite conf_wpa_supplicant() to enhance
readability and maintainability.
* Make WPA_ID variable local to conf_wpa_supplicant()
* Exit with status 1 when wpa-action fails.
* Move test's into init/conf/kill function header and clean up phase
specific case constructs at the tail of ifupdown.sh.
* Ensure lang barrier does not interfere with wpa_cli, use LC_ALL=C.
* Add patch from Dan Williams that works around a problem specific to wep
keys and orinoco chipsets.
* Update madwifing_includes dpatch to latest madwifi.org svn.
* Add WPAGUI to debian/rules, so that only one change has to be made to use
a different wpa_gui target. Remove $(WPAGUI)/Makefile in clean target.
* Purge and forget about the old init example script.
wpasupplicant (0.5.3+20060522-1) experimental; urgency=low
* New upstream development snapshot.
* Oops: Disable CONFIG_EAP_SAKE. (Closes: #366937)
* Rename debian/wpasupplicant.ifupdown to debian/ifupdown.sh. There is no
need for that script to be named that way, as it may falsely seem to be
handled by a debhelper target.
* Don't attempt to send terminate signal via wpa_cli when start-stop-daemon
can be used.
* Use debhelper 5 compat level.
* Use wpa_gui-qt4, and build-depend on libqt4-dev.
* Use WPA_ID instead of NW_ID to make variable similar with what upstream
uses for a similar purpose (unique identifier).
* Add ifupdown environment var's to verbose output to assist in debugging.
* Fix some typo's (engine_id, key_id) in ifupdown.sh.
* ifupdown.sh no longer busy-loops when using an action script with
wpa-action-timeout 0. Thanks to Elmar Hoffmann!
* Allow wpa_cli action daemon to engage before configuring wpa_supplicant
via wpa_cli set_network commands to avoid a possibly racy condition.
* Move VERBOSITY variable to the beginning of ifupdown.sh, with the others.
* Indent shell code in wpacli-action-* scripts.
* Bumb Standards-Version to 3.7.2.
* Allow for future PHASE specific stuff in start MODE of ifupdown.sh.
* Move the action script sanity checks out of init_wpa_supplicant into
common section of ifupdown.sh.
* Create wpa_cli_wrapper to assist in major code clean up and future
maintenance of ifupdown.sh.
* Support madwifi-ng private ioctl's with the inclusion of the headers from
madwifi.org svn trunk. (At the expense of not supporting the madwifi-old
driver, which is deprecated by upstream madwifi)
* Add wpa_action.sh to provide /sbin/wpa_action and facilitate roaming via
ifupdown and network settings defined in /etc/network/interfaces (refer to
wpa_action(8) for more details).
wpasupplicant (0.5.3-1) experimental; urgency=low
* New upstream development release.
* Orphaned daemons that are spawned during an ifup process that is
manually terminated are now checked for and killed.
* Don't make noise when we are not using the manual inet method and
wpa-action is used.
* Warn about non-executable action script.
* Ensure wpa_cli actfile is destroyed.
* Make start-stop-daemon verbose when VERBOSITY is set.
* Renumber dpatches for sanity.
* Make ifupdown script modular; split into shell functions.
* Fix typo in README.Debian, referring to a non-existant location.
* Disconnect and terminate existing ctrl_interface sockets.
wpasupplicant (0.5.2-3) experimental; urgency=low
[ Kel Modderman ]
* Remove bad information about wpa-driver-file in docs.
* Actually fall back to wext as DRIVER type in example init script.
* Fix typo in debian/control, remove suggests of dhcp*-client alltogether.
* Remove bogus commands to set eapol_version and fast_reauth. They cannot be
set via wpa_cli.
* Make preauthenticate a global wpa_cli setting, rather than a per-ssid one.
* Kill dhclient process after a DISCONNECT signal in dhclient action script
* Document that the action script must must be executable.
* Fix check for wireless extensions for when there is not whitespace after
* grep for $IFACE in /proc/net/dev to verify it is a valid network interface.
* Improve documentation about wpa-driver, and further clarify that all
wpa_cli commands should be supported in e/n/i by prefixing them with
* Add a note about wpa-action-timeout.
[ Reinhard Tartler ]
* remove last reference to /etc/default/wpasupplicant. It is gone, don't
* small cleanups in debian/rules
* further clarifications in README.Debian
wpasupplicant (0.5.2-2) experimental; urgency=low
[ Kel Modderman ]
* Bump debian revision to upgrade over the previously version uploaded to
experimental, which has sufficiently changed since that time to warrant
rebasing the package upon the 0.4.8-1 release to unstable.
* Make ifupdown script exit silently when binaries are not found or
* When ifupdown exits with an error status, do not hide the echo'd problem
description behind the VERBOSITY environment variable.
* Remove check for wpa_cli pidfile when executing an action script. This
check was racy, and not always successful. Sometimes, the device was
marked as up without allowing the action script a chance to finish.
* Improve feedback for wpa_cli action script daemon.
* Ensure WPA_CLI_ACTFILE is removed when wpa_cli is terminated.
* Fix typo in ifupdown script that later propogated into some example
information in README.debian (wpa-apscan should have been wpa-ap-scan).
Provide backwards compatibility for this change for those who already
followed the example.
* Check for existing pidfiles before executing daemons via ifupdown.
[ Reinhard Tartler ]
* enable driver test
* add eap_testing.txt to documentation
* enhance Readme.txt
999e1c9eef9cd35c9d1b3789279adf78 864 net optional wpasupplicant_0.5.4-1bpo1.dsc
eaf78fa5dde04ee20e718a8e94eed827 630779 net optional wpasupplicant_0.5.4.orig.tar.gz
66a5c4574210ae71e8e7f8d719d19349 69211 net optional wpasupplicant_0.5.4-1bpo1.diff.gz
752f50fc6672020f6eb86d3896aac24a 233100 net optional wpasupplicant_0.5.4-1bpo1_i386.deb
732b6c9b806be1006276d01949fb0af1 89938 net optional wpagui_0.5.4-1bpo1_i386.deb
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.3 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----