Accepted kernel-package 10.048bpo1 (source all)
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 18:38:25 +0200
Architecture: source all
Maintainer: Manoj Srivastava <email@example.com>
Changed-By: Norbert Tretkowski <firstname.lastname@example.org>
kernel-package - A utility for building Linux kernel related Debian packages.
Closes: 365092 368539 369017 369154 369155 369918 372233 372783 373774
kernel-package (10.048bpo1) sarge-backports; urgency=low
* Rebuilt for sarge.
kernel-package (10.049) unstable; urgency=low
* Bug fix: "kernel-package: localversion* files not supported?", thanks
to Mattia Dongili. It is not that localversion files are not
supported, it is that patches that try to change the version numbering
are not, You see, patches are applied _after_ there is a ./debian
directory, and that means ./debian/changelog is already in place. Re
doing this would require a drastic change in make-kpkg, so now we
document that patches that change package names are not supported.
* Bug fix: "linux-image-2.6.16-2-amd64-k8: initrd symlink management
sucks", thanks to Eduard Bloch. Well, the bug topic sucks too. And,
looking at the logs posted, it did seem to work in the test (the link
was indeed created). I did spot a typo in the postinst, so I think
this corner case should not arise again. (Closes: #372783).
* Bug fix: "no longer supports images with the same name on 2 arches",
thanks to Martin Michlmayr. Well, no longer is a misnomer, we never
did support multiple architectures for images in the control file.
This should now be fixed; we accept a space separated list of
architectures now. (Closes: #373774).
* kernel-package: arch/powerpc/include/asm symlink is not included in
the *-headers package, thanks to Eddy Petrisor. now we ship all of
arch/$KERNEL_ARCH/include. (Closes: #372233).
* Added documentation to the man page that just adding --cross-compile
does not in any way set the compiler used by the build system. That
still has to be done explicitly.
kernel-package (10.048) unstable; urgency=low
* Bug fix: "kernel-package: Please install linux-uml modules in
/usr/lib/uml/modules/$UML_VER/", thanks to Mattia Dongili. The new
rootstrap can automatically install UML modules at build time, as long
as the installation directory is compatible. This makes it so.
* Bug fix: "kernel-package: Please don't conflict with user-mode-linux
packages", thanks to Mattia Dongili (Closes: #369918).
* Bug fix: "kernel-package: Do not flattern the linux-uml modules
directory structure", thanks to Mattia Dongili (Closes: #369154).
* make-kpkg fails on amd64 for xenalso consider CONFIG_X86_64_XEN (any
more architectures that Xen would support, this method is gonna get
untenable). This'll fix Xen building on AMD64. Please note that cross
compiling may not work yet -- but that is a kernel build system issue.
* Bug fix: "kernel-package: [powerpc, prep] Please apply patch to allow
to build 2.6.16 -prep kernels.", thanks to Sven Luther (Closes: #369017).
d1f36d0f170197f6c9ad79b1cf5245b7 547 misc optional kernel-package_10.048bpo1.dsc
afc0423d391d27a0c3380f8545bd4aed 844982 misc optional kernel-package_10.048bpo1.tar.gz
aeef46bb5cb0248144ab225080bc70fe 538736 misc optional kernel-package_10.048bpo1_all.deb
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v18.104.22.168 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----