Re: Repository name for glueviz is confsing

Hi Andreas,

Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> writes:
> yesterday I tried to hunt down this bug
>    glueviz fails its autopkg tests with Python 3.12
> which I solved simply by upgrading to latest upstream version.

+1

> I admit I was a bit confused by the name of the Git repository
> on Salsa:
>
>    $ apt showsrc glueviz 2>/dev/null | grep Git
>    Vcs-Git: https://salsa.debian.org/debian-astro-team/glue.git

The reason is that the upstream package is also often called "glue"
(with "glueviz" as an alternative, however), and the Python package
"python3-glue". IMO "glue" is by far too generic for any special
software; however that was upstream's choice.

> My suggestion would be to
>
>    Rename
>         https://salsa.debian.org/debian-astro-team/glue.git
>         https://salsa.debian.org/debian-astro-team/glueviz.git

I'd support this. We can't remove the python-3 glue ambiguity, but
otherwise we should consequently glueviz as the better name here.

Cheers

Ole