Re: Fits files in astroquery

Thank you for your feedback.
>From what I can tell, they are under the same license as the rest : BSD-3.
If nobody strongly disagrees, I will keep them.

Le 04/07/2020 à 16:02, Sergio Gelato a écrit :
> What license are those FITS files under? If redistribution is
permitted I would keep them. The test suite is (usually) a valuable part
of the source package; I hate it when a test tries to download its data
from the network (frowned upon by pbuilder etc), and even more when the
data is no longer available at the network location hardcoded into the
test (e.g., bytesalad.stsci.edu). It's nicer for the source package to
be self-contained in this respect.

> I don't think the "binary" nature of the data is a problem. We don't
expect all image bitmaps (for logos, etc.) to be distributed in SVG
form, do we? Given the definition of "source code" as "the preferred
form for modification", I'd argue that FITS files often are to be
counted as source.