Re: [Debian-astro-maintainers] Maybe some more Astronomy packages to add from Debian.

HI Ben,

I would suggest to move the discussion to debian-astro@lists.d.o, since
the -maintainers list is more for technical messages (bug reports and such).

On 04.05.20 00:29, Ben Tris wrote:
> These are listed as astronomy on Debian Sciense Blend.
> But not on Debian Astronomy Blend.

I cross-checked all, but it seems that they are in our blend. Generally,
not all packages of our blend are actually maintained by the
debian-astro team; especially older packages have an individual
maintainer. The important thing here is to be included in one of our tasks,

https://blends.debian.org/astro/tasks/

The "astronomy" and "astronomy-devel" tasks of the debian science blend
are now removed, since they are completely replaced by the
debian-science blend. Debian Buster still contained them as transitional
packages.

> https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/astronomical-almanac
> https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/boinc-app-seti

These are in the astro-tools package ("tools" task).

> https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/gcx
> https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/lynkeos.app

"telescope" task

> https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/gpredict
> https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/kstars
> https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/lightspeed
> https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/openuniverse
> https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/starplot
> https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/sunclock> https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/xplanet>
https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/xtide>
https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/xtide-data
"education" task

> https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/libastro-fits-cfitsio-perl
> https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/libnova
> https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/slcfitsio (slang-cfitsio)

"development" task

> https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/pdl

"frameworks" task

> https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/stardata-common

"catalogs" task

> https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/predict

Not in Debian anymore

> https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/savi

I would not count this as an astronomy program, as it mainly deals with
(artificial)  earth satellites.

> Made a last news years list for Debian Astronomy Blend.
> https://www.gezapig.nl/Blends/Astronomy2020.html

Best regards

Ole