Re: Packaging Aravis for debian-astro blend

Hi Chiara,

Chiara Marmo <chiara.marmo@u-psud.fr> writes:
> I've finally managed to have a working .deb for aravis[1]

I am happy to hear from you! That is really great!

> This is my first official debian package ... be patient... :)
>
> I still have some lintian errors and warnings.
> And I would like to add metadata as suggested by Paul Wise [2]
> The page [3] states that "All errors and warnings shown there should
> be fixed before the package can be uploaded", but I would rather
> upload somewhere my work... just to save it... :)
> May I use the debian git repository [4] before lintian issues fixing?

Sure. The git repository is the working space. "Upload" means upload of
the completed package to the package repository, not the git
repository. You can upload to git from the very first moment.

> And, once issues are fixed, I have to search for a sponsor, right?

Theoretically yes. I would however be happy to sponsor you (unless
someone else wants to step in :-) ).

Probably the next step is just to upload your work to git. We then can
discuss what is needed before the upload.

Best

Ole