Re: Advertizing Debian Astro 1.0

hi Ole, all,

On Thu, 3 Aug 2017, Ole Streicher wrote:

On Fri, 16 Jun 2017 12:41:13, Nathan Goldbaum <nathan12343@gmail.com> wrote:
If you or anyone else can make it to Chile in October, the ADASS
conference might be a good venue to give a talk about Debian Astro. A
talk or booth at the next winter AAS meeting might also be a good
venue.

I applied for a talk at ADASS, but just got rejected :-(

Sorry to hear that :(.

Now you have the tough decision of deciding whether being able to chat
to people f2f, with the disadvantage of not having your own chance in
front of an audience, justifies your time and costs of
participation. My guess is that the people side of explaining f2f why
free licences and a systematic, participatory, only weakly
hierarchical, open community that manages software distribution
provide crucial, but hidden, support for the sort of software
development and collaborative community that astronomers generally see
ourselves as wanting and representing.

The informal talks (@coffee, @corridor, @meals, ...) at conferences
are often as useful as, if not more useful than, the formal talks.

In any case, I see that you *did* get to ADASS last year :) -

http://cdsads.u-strasbg.fr/abs/2016arXiv161107203S

Cheers
Boud