Re: Uncategorised packages in Debian Astro

Hi Andreas,

Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> writes:
> I was running a script[1] to verify what packages maintained by Debian
> Astro team are not yet mentioned in the Debian Astro tasks.  Here is the
> result set:
>
>            source            |[...]
> -----------------------------+
>  casacore-data-igrf          |
>  casacore-data-lines         |
>  casacore-data-observatories |
>  casacore-data-sources       |
>  casacore-data-tai-utc       |
>  pytest-mpl                  |
>  python-astropy-helpers      |

All these packages are (build) dependencies and usually not installed by
the end user: casacore-data-* belong to the casacore-data package, and
pytest-mpl and python-astropy-helpers are needed to build python relates
astronomy packages.

They all can go into your whitelist.

> We also have a potential Debian Astro target currently maintained by the
> Debian Science team:
>
>  scilab-celestlab            |[...]

Even avter years of search, there seem some good candidates hidden in
our repositories! Sound like a candidate for the upcoming "Spaceship
Navigation" task [1]. If there are no objections, I'll add it
there. Thanks for the hint!

Best regards

Ole

[1] https://blends.debian.org/astro/tasks/spaceship