Re: MOCASSIN package ready for review

Hi Roger,

thank you very much for your efforts! It is great to see that you are
going to fill a complete field for our blend.

Roger Wesson <rw@nebulousresearch.org> writes:
> I've just uploaded packaging files for MOCASSIN, a widely used 3D
> photoionisation and dust radiative transfer code.  Everything seems to
> build correctly and check out with Lintian, so I think it's ready to
> be reviewed.

I have a few comments:

* The license of the package seems to be GPL-2+ instead of GPL-3+, as
  documented in source/mocassin.f90

* The examples should go to /usr/share/doc/mocassin/examples,
  https://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-docs.html#s12.6

* Please put "Debian Astro Team <debian-astro-maintainers@lists.debian.org>"
  into the Maintainers field and yourself into the Uploaders field. This will
  put the package under team maintenance, as for your other packages.

After this, I would upload your package. To improve it further:

* It may be useful to create a file "debian/upstream/metadata" that
  contains the main bibliographic entry, the upstream git repository,
  and other metadata. See

  https://wiki.debian.org/UpstreamMetadata

  for documentation, and

  https://sources.debian.net/src/xpa/2.1.17-6/debian/upstream/metadata

  for an example. This would help us keeping our blend well-organized.

* Not urgent at all: ask upstream to fix some spelling errors that one
  finds with "lintian -E -I --pedantic":
  I: mocassin: spelling-error-in-binary usr/bin/mocassin occured occurred
  I: mocassin: spelling-error-in-binary usr/bin/mocassin availale available
  I: mocassin: spelling-error-in-binary usr/bin/mocassin assignement assignment
  I: mocassin: spelling-error-in-manpage usr/share/man/man1/mocassin.1.gz indeces

Cheers

Ole