Re: new package for Siril 0.9.0

Hi Vincent,

Vincent Hourdin <debian-siril@free-astro.vinvin.tf> writes:
> I updated debian's git to have a working package for this upcoming
> version. Could somebody check that everything has been done the proper
> way and that the package is ready for release? We could then confirm
> that the upstream package is ready for release as well.

Nice to hear! I had a look on your package and have a few comments:
There is a bug report for your package:

https://bugs.debian.org/785246

You can find this if you look at the "package tracker"

https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/siril

which is always a good page to see its status. Or, if you just want to
have a summary on all your packages :-)

https://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=debian-siril@free-astro.vinvin.tf

This bug should be fixed and then closed in the changelog.  The build of
the package went fine. One thing one should always do afterwards is to
run "lintian" on the package:

lintian -E -I --pedantic /var/cache/pbuilder/result/siril_0.9.0-1_amd64.changes

(or whereever the .changes file is). For you package, it gives:

I: siril source: quilt-patch-missing-description LICENSE_remover
I: siril source: unused-file-paragraph-in-dep5-copyright paragraph at line 5
I: siril source: debian-watch-file-is-missing
I: siril: spelling-error-in-binary usr/bin/siril powerfull powerful
I: siril: desktop-entry-lacks-keywords-entry usr/share/applications/siril.desktop
W: siril: command-in-menu-file-and-desktop-file siril usr/share/menu/siril:5

The "W" here is a warning that should be solved (google for the keyword
to see what it is actually about).

For the informational messages ("I"), the second seems that a file was
renamed or removed after the RC package -- please have a look which one
it is. The other messages are not soo important; however it would be
nice to have a "debian/watch" file to check whether there is a newer
version -- even if not really needed here since you are upstream
yourself.

Everything else looks OK for me. Good work! If you can fix the bug,
remove the lintian warning, and recheck debian/copyright, I would upload
your package.

Best regards

Ole