Re: Interest

Hi Vincent,

Vincent Prat <vinceprat@free.fr> writes:
> I am quite interested by contributing to Debian within this team, but
> at the moment it is not very clear for me if there is an official team
> or just a mailing-list.

We created a project at alioth.debian.org [1]. Feel invited to join our
team.

> For example, is there a list of tasks and/or already packaged
> software?

Not directly so far. Since we originate from debian-science, the
"astronomy" [2] and "astronomy-dev" [3] tasks lists of debian-science
are good starting points.

> Anyway, if it has not been done so far, I will probably consider
> packaging AudeLa, an astro-imaging software.

Welcome! I think this would be a good contribution. If you have
questions, feel free to ask here.

Please don't forget to issue an "ITP" for your software and put
<debian-astro@lists.debian.org> in the X-Debbugs-Cc field.

To put the package under Debian-Astro maintenance, set the Maintainer
field in debian/control to "Debian Astronomy Maintainers
<debian-astro-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org>" and store your work
in a git repository under /git/debian-astro/packages/

Best regards

Ole

[1] https://alioth.debian.org/projects/debian-astro/
[2] http://blends.debian.org/science/tasks/astronomy