Re: Fwd: Bug#764549: ITP: siril -- Astronomical image processing tool
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Fwd: Bug#764549: ITP: siril -- Astronomical image processing tool
- From: Ole Streicher <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2014 17:40:25 +0100
- Message-id: <[🔎] email@example.com>
- References: <543FB61D.firstname.lastname@example.org> <543FB65B.email@example.com> <20141019020506.GB28236@vinvin.tf> <20141019085725.GA12131@hanuman.astro.su.se> <20141019141900.GC32018@vinvin.tf> <544619AA.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20141021084247.GC3716@ebisu.astro.su.se> <20141021095952.GO32018@vinvin.tf> <544630E6.email@example.com> <[🔎] 20141103012626.GB5567@vinvin.tf>
Vincent Hourdin <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> So basically, there's just the icon size and the LICENSE file issue. I
> made a patch with quilt a while ago to remove LICENSE from the make
> install and had to update it because of upstream changes, and now it's
> not called before compilation, and I don't know why this behaviour would
> have changed. Any ideas?
> I have updated the git, if you need to take a look.
The patch does not apply cleanly:
$ git checkout debian
$ quilt push
Applying patch LICENSE_remover
patching file Makefile.am
Hunk #1 FAILED at 15.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- rejects in file Makefile.am
Patch LICENSE_remover does not apply (enforce with -f)
To correct this, you could do the following:
$ quilt push -f
$ emacs Makefile.am
[ remove LICENSE file, save, and exit ]
$ quilt refresh
$ quilt pop
$ rm Makefile.am.rej
Independently of this, there are a few glitches:
- debian/changelog should have only one entry when a package enters
Debian, and this is "New package. Closes: #764549". Please remove the
"test version" entry. I would also add empty lines before and after
this entry, so the full file would like
siril (0.9.0~beta~svn646-1) unstable; urgency=low
* New package. Closes: #764549
-- Vincent Hourdin <email@example.com> Mon, 03 Nov 2014 13:23:12 +0200
- the version number in debian/changelog is IMO not correct. As far as I
understand you, the SVN version is between the alpha and beta
versions. So, you should use
- either 0.9.0~alpha+svn646 to indicate a version that comes after
the alpha version (I'd use this if it is in fact the alpha with a
few patches). Note the "+" prefixing the svn version
- or 0.9.0~beta~svn646 to indicate a version that comes before the
beta version (I'd use this if it is just a pre-release of the beta
version). Note the "~" prefixing the svn version.
- please commit the current tarball (svn646) to pristine-tar.
- debian/control: Vcs-Svn is only for the Debian version. Since your
Debian package is in git (and not svn), you should use
- The dependencies have a conflict on debian unstable. The libtiff-dev
installs libjpeg62-turbo-dev which conflicts with the libjpeg8-dev.
Otherwise, the package looks fine and compiles cleanly, even with
libjpeg-dev instead of libjpeg8-dev. Also, "lintian -E -I --pedantic"
does not find much then:
I: siril source: debian-watch-file-is-missing
I: siril: spelling-error-in-manpage usr/share/man/man1/siril.1.gz Overriden Overridden
E: siril: menu-icon-too-big usr/share/siril/pixmaps/siril_1.xpm: 286x286 > 32x32