Re: Astropy affiliated packages for Debian

Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> writes:
> On Wed, Aug 20, 2014 at 11:30:35AM +0200, Vincent Prat wrote:
>> Could you please consider packaging it (with astropy or separately)
>> or help me to find a workaround?
>
> Just a remark from a non-Debian-Astro affiliated person:  The best
> workaround for something which is not (yet) packaged in Debian is to
> package it yourself and ask Debian people to sponsor your work.  ;-)

In principle you are right, but here it may be that I just need to
create another binary package from the astropy source. I already asked
on the astropy-devel list on what is the best way.

> Thanks for your work on astroquery anyway

Dito. Nice to see that we get some affiliated packages into Debian soon.

Best

Ole