Re: (java) Builds not reproducible on armhf

On 2024-05-20, Mechtilde Stehmann wrote:
> I want to clean up my Java packages.
>
> There are several with FTBR. I found that the day of the *.poms s a date
> from 1970.
>
> for example they are the packages
>
> vinnie

Looking at the history for vinnie:

  https://tests.reproducible-builds.org/debian/history/armhf/vinnie.html

It is only very recently that this started happening (2024-05-04)
without source changes in vinnie itself, so I would suspect some change
in the toolchain used to produce the .pom files?

commons-email is similar, although starting 2024-04-04:

  https://tests.reproducible-builds.org/debian/history/armhf/commons-email.html

ez-vcard is similar too, starting 2024-04-20:

  https://tests.reproducible-builds.org/debian/rb-pkg/trixie/armhf/diffoscope-results/ez-vcard.html

Although some of those builds also have differences in some xz
contents... might just be related to the timestamp differences.

Wild hunch is one build is run on a 64-bit kernel (without a linux32
personality) and one build on a 32-bit kernel... that is one of the main
differences between these armhf test builds and builds on other
architectures, where this does not seem to happen...

live well,
  vagrant