Re: Raspberry PI 5

On Tue, Mar 05, 2024 at 02:31:57PM +0100, John Danielsson wrote:
> Dear Debian Team,
>
> I am writing this mail to get some help for Raspberry PI 5.
> I have bought a Raspberry PI 5 recently and I am not able to find a working
> Debian image for it. Raspberry 4 and previous models are supported but PI 5
> is not. Can you please send me a working image ?
> I need urgent help for my Raspberry PI 5.
>
> Thank you in advance,

Requirements for Debian to support hardware includes upstream support
in the mainline linux kernel.  That hasn't happened yet for the Pi 5.
So that needs to be finished first.  If they hurry up maybe there is a
chance it will be supported in the next Debian release.

Maybe someone has made an image with Debian and a custom kernel for the
Pi 5, but it wouldn't be a supported official thing for sure.

--
Len Sorensen