autopkgtest qemu kvm with gic-version=max

Hi,

my machine is powered by an ARM Cortex A53 and to get kvm acceleration with
qemu I need to pass gic-version=max via qemu's -machine option. This is not
done by autopkgtest-virt-qemu and as a result, tcg emulation is so slow that
autopkgtest reaches a timeout while waiting for the emulated system to boot.

I submitted a merge request to autopkgtest which passes gic-version=max on
arm64:

    https://salsa.debian.org/ci-team/autopkgtest/-/merge_requests/239

Could somebody who knows about this topic reply to this merge request and state
whether doing so is a stupid or smart idea and why?

Thanks!

cheers, josch