Re: Cubox-i bullseye -> bookworm Upgrade failure

Am Freitag, 4. August 2023, 09:57:18 CEST schrieb RobJE Debian ARM:
> Hi,
>
> On 04-08-2023 08:55, Rainer Dorsch wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I did a test installation with a bullseye installer on a cubox-i and then
> > upgraded to bookworm. After the upgrade the network was gone. Even booting
> > with the previous kernel 5.10.0-23-armmp does not bring the network back.
> >
> > Any hints and ideas are welcome.
>
> I'd check if /etc/network/interfaces has end0 or something else (like
> eth0). Probably the network interface got renamed as part of the upgrade.

Good that my devices have a serial console. But I remember that there are also
cubox-i devices out there without. Thus if they try to update, they will fail
and have to reinstall.

Should Reco's comment

	Try adding "net.ifnames=0" to kernel's commandline.

go into the release notes for armhf?

Thanks
Rainer

--