Re: Activate a Real Time Clock chip on I2C in Raspberry Pi 4B with Debian (not Raspbian)

On Mon, 2023-04-17 at 13:39 +0300, Reco wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 17, 2023 at 02:48:44AM -0700, Rick Thomas wrote:
> > Sadly,   when I do:
> >     i2cdetect -l
> > I get nothing back.  Leading me to conclude that there are no busses available.
>
> "modprobe i2c-dev" should fix that.

This seems like a usability issue, so I have sent a patch that
adds a bunch of error messages in situations of silent failure:

https://lore.kernel.org/linux-i2c/20230418023248.250685-1-pabs3@bonedaddy.net/T/

--
bye,
pabs