Re: MariaDB 10.11 issue on armel/armhf

Hi Jeffrey!

On 1/17/23 04:59, Jeffrey Walton wrote:
I believe Andy Polyakov performed the heavy lifting for OpenSSL. I
would check the OpenSSL code. It should not be much more than a
copy/paste. Or if you don't like the license, convert the *.pl file to
a source file to see how OpenSSL does it, then write your own.

openssl$ grep -IR rdtsc | ...

(...)

You can convert a *.pl file to a source file that can be assembled or
compiled by following the instructions at
https://wiki.openssl.org/index.php/Cryptogams_AES or
https://wiki.openssl.org/index.php/Cryptogams_SHA.

Thanks for this very useful reference. I think, this should give the MariaDB developers
all the information they need to implement the rdtsc calls for the remaining architectures.

Wondering why they simply didn't use the OpenSSL code, the license shouldn't be a problem,
should it?

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz