Re: odd difference between two similar armhf build servers

On Mon, Oct 10, 2022, at 2:02 PM, Jérémy Lal wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Some tests in nodejs test suite consistently fail on "hoiby" but not on
> "antheil":
> https://buildd.debian.org/status/logs.php?pkg=nodejs&arch=armhf
>
> Is there a difference between the two servers that could explain the
> different results ?
>
> Thanks for any hint.

I see in the build log that a lot of files are built with the
"-march=armv7-a -mfpu=vfpv3" flags, which targets processors with
32 double-precision FP registers (vfpv3-d32), which is slightly
newer than the officially supported vfpv3-d16 target in Debian
armhf.

Both of the build servers are listed as "Marvell Armada 370/XP",
which is a family of SoCs with different core types. Since the
package is built with the wrong flags, it is supposed to fail
on the original Armada XP, but it would accidentally work on
anything with a Cortex-A9 like the later Armada 38x or any ARMv8
based host.

       Arnd