Re: RFH: porting bolt-lmm

On Mon, 2022-08-01 at 06:19 +0000, Nilesh Patra wrote:

> I was trying to port bolt-lmm package, which currently builds only on
> amd64, i386 and ppc to more archs - particularly arm. I am trying to
> workaround amd64-specific SIMD intrinsics with the libsimde-dev
> (SIMDEverywhere package) - debian wiki here[1]
> I've committed the patch I used here[2].

Why do you enable SIMDE_ENABLE_NATIVE_ALIASES but also rename
everything to simde_*? Only one of those is needed. The idea of the
SIMDE_ENABLE_NATIVE_ALIASES define is that it lets you use SIMDe
without modifying the code, except for including the headers.

> I am able to get it building on arm64 box, but it does
> not seem to run the right way. It seems to trigger the bolt command
> again while trying to make initial guess - don't know why.
> I used the same command as used in autopkgtest to test it out.

Your patch should not have that effect, it is quite strange, I think
you are going to have to trace the execution of how exactly it gets
back into main() from elsewhere, probably using gdb or similar.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise