Re: vldm on armhf?

On Wed, Jul 20, 2022 at 9:35 PM Thorsten Glaser <tg@debian.org> wrote:

> Dixi quod…
>
> >did something change wrt. compiler defaults on armhf recently?
>
> armel also FTBFS with SIGILL in the testsuite.
>
> So something changed incompatibly between 2019-11-10 and now
> in the ARM toolchain. But what, and how can I get this to work
> again?

gcc changed the way that you pass the floating point instruction set,
so instead of -march=armv7-a one should now pass -march=armv7-a+fp
to pick a target CPU that includes vfpv3-d16 FPU.

My guess is that in your case the compiler gets the wrong target CPU
and passes that down to the assembler, which then refuses to build
using FPU instructions.

       Arnd