Re: Using a serial port

On Sat, Jun 18, 2022 at 11:30:53AM -0500, Steve Fatula wrote:
> So, it sounds like the answer is no basically. Yes, I can compile debian and
> such but not what I have in mind, simply wanted to enable the UART for
> serial use. I'm not sure why the overlays are not included in Debian. I'll
> have to keep the event driven code controlling my projector on another
> machine for now sadly. I guess I will try and find a way to ask the debian
> "developers" who made the images for Debian. Thanks for the help.

The "developers" who made the image for Debian: fundamentally Gunnar Wolf
who is an excellent Debian developer - expert and of very long standing -
who has done a large amount of work. You might find others who could help
on IRC - OFTC channels #debian-arm and #debian-raspberrypi

The Raspberry Pi does things its own way and the way the overlays work
is largely particular to the RPi.

With every good wish, as ever,

Andy Cater