Re: Debian 11 on Sheevaplug?

* Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> [2022-06-03 09:36]:
> > Does it mean Debian 11 still isn't available for that device?
>
> I found that there are Sheevaplug installer images for bullseye,
> so I suspect that Debian 11 still supports the Sheevaplug,
> so Martin probably just hasn't updated the page yet and
> probably using the bullseye images will work fine.

Unfortunately, I can't remember why I didn't update the page.
Normally I update my pages or add a note that newer releases are no
longer supported, but I've done neither with the Sheevaplug pages and
I can't remember why.

Gilles, if you could test Debian 11 and report back, I'll go ahead and
update the pages.

I remember that u-boot in Debian buster was broken (see
<https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=934974>; I'm not
sure if that was fixed in a later point release or not); it would be
good to know if the bullseye version works.

(CCing Rick Thomas who might also be able to help with testing,
especially with u-boot)

--
Martin Michlmayr
https://www.cyrius.com/