Re: where, besides raspian can I find a full armhf installer that works on an rpi4b?

On Du, 23 ian 22, 20:23:18, gene heskett wrote:
> I thought I had some cornered earlier today, but when written to u-sd
> and booted, were arm64.
>
> For low latency reasons when a realtime kernel is installed it must be
> for armhf.

Disclaimer: I don't know much about the RPi4b, take below with a big
grain of salt.

This wiki https://wiki.debian.org/RaspberryPi4#Booting_from_USB indeed
mentions only ARM64 images, but it also suggests recent devices can boot
from USB, in which case you might want to try images from here:

https://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/

Another alternative might be to take the YAML spec files for vmdb from
here and tweak to use armhf instead of arm64:

https://raspi.debian.net/daily-images/

(could be as easy as replacing 'arch: arm64' with 'arch: armhf' in the
qemu-debootstrap step)

Hope this helps,
Andrei