Re: Performance degraded, Bookworm on Raspberry Pi 4B

Hank Barta dijo [Mon, Mar 14, 2022 at 09:31:36PM -0500]:
> I started installing packages I thought were likely to cause the regression
> (one or two at a time) and following installation of raspi-firmware the
> problem appeared.

As the maintainer of raspi-firmware, I have to say:

    Ouch.

raspi-firmware, as you know, is just a blob we cannot debug or do
anything about; it is a core component of our Raspberries, but... it
is non-free ☹

Given you have already pursued the situation to this detail, could you
share... between which versions do you see the regression?

FWIW, I cannot do much about it, other than report it as an issue in
https://github.com/raspberrypi/firmware/issues (which I will do) ;
taking a quick look at the reported issues, and found just the
following, although I don't know if they are in any way related to
your report:

   https://github.com/raspberrypi/firmware/issues/1619

Greetings, and thanks for this report!