Re: Debian on Pine64 H64B?

On Mon, Sep 13, 2021 at 02:52:02PM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> And that link has a link to what I wanted to do, but its about 1.5 major
> versions of the kernel out of date. It is for the basic 4.3, and I'm
> already on an rt-preempt 4.19. Nothing earlier supports the pi's native
> video, so the video you see with a 4.3 is hundreds of milliseconds
> behind the machine.

It mentions 4.15 as an example and says to change it to the version you
are actually building.

> 5.14-rc1-rt1 was just announced on the rt list
>
> > That mentions the bindeb-pkg and deb-pkg arguments.  I am not sure
> > what the difference is.
>
> And I have neither man page. What package contains those?

They are not commands.  They are make targets in the linux kernel source.
So no man pages.  So just like you can do 'make menuconfig' you can do
'make bindeb-pkg' once you have done the config.

The linux kernel sources have had the ability to generate debian packages
for quite a few years now.

--
Len Sorensen