Re: Debian on Pine64 H64B?

September 12, 2021 3:19 AM, "Gunnar Wolf" <gwolf@debian.org> wrote:

> Oregano dijo [Sat, Sep 11, 2021 at 11:26:37PM +0000]:
>

>> OK, but nslookup raspi.debian.net and whois 208.97.148.173 shows
>> raspi.debian.net is hosted at NightmareHost, which probably explains
>> the very long delays in seeing the site sometimes. I respect
>> Gunnar's support for raspi's, but the choice of host could be much
>> better, IMO.
>
> Actually, I have been a DreamHost client for >20 years, and am quite
> happy with them. They provide me more than enough bandwidth and
> storage for basically every need I have come across for a very
> agreeable price. That's the reason I hosted my images there.
>
> But I understand you might have better preferences. Please provide me
> the details for a web space you will sponsor and keep for several
> years, and I will move raspi.debian.net there.

I was not trying to insult you because of your host choice. Rather to give you feedback from my experience. My experience with NightmareHost was, and continues to be, unsatisfactory. Not all slow sites I often visit are hosted there, but some are. Google's Speedtest says raspi.debian.net is fast, but knowing DH, they probably purposely slowdown access over Tor, and speedup access from testing sites. When I go to www.debian.net, it redirects to debian.org and displays a page within a second or so. When I go to raspi.debian.net, it usually times out three to five times minimum before displaying, which takes several minutes. You're free to take the feedback or ignore it.