Re: Debian on Pine64 H64B?

On Fri, Sep 10, 2021 at 12:04:56PM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> I knew that Reco, but the howto install after building it is the best
> kept secret on this ball of rock and water, so I invented my own
> installer. The revelant files total under 30 megs as a tarball.
>
> So why do we not have a .deb builder for kernels.? Such secrecy, since it
> doesn't involve the blacklisted firmware, and which my install doesn't
> touch, certainly seems politically non-productive to me.

Did make-kpkg stop existing?  It's been a while since I had a reason to
build my own kernel on any of my debian systems.  I must admit searching
for it, it does appear to no longer exist.  Hmm.

Some searching on google seems to indicate that these days one is
expected to use make deb-pkg in the kernel tree instead.  I must admit
I have never tried that.

--
Len Sorensen