Re: Replacement for raspPi

	Hi.

On Tue, Sep 07, 2021 at 08:32:14PM +1000, Keith Bainbridge wrote:
> I'm looking for suggestions for a new SBC, please. Ideally something
> more than 2M RAM. I see that a few a happy with Pine laptops. Does this
> translate to their SBC?

I'd suggest [1], but I'm unsure about the completeness of hardware
support of the current Debian stable.
Or [2], but given the current state of Mesa's panfrost it would be
rough, and this SBC has its share of issues with built-in USB.

But without a specific requirement probably the best way is to direct
you to the list like [3]. You can probably expect working UART, USB and
Ethernet from the most of SBCs there.

> Background.
> I've just set up a new SDCard with raspberryOS. Set myself up as a
> user, and set root passsword. When I sshfs to my laptop, the mount
> point AND all subdirectories are owned exclusively buy user pi.

IMO that's expected from fuse.

> Some will recall the discussion around raspberry adding a MS repo to
> sources.list last year.

I've "installed" fresh RaspiOS recently and they're still doing it.

Reco

[1] https://www.khadas.com/product-page/edge-v
[2] https://www.hardkernel.com/shop/odroid-n2-with-4gbyte-ram-2/
[3] https://linuxgizmos.com/150-open-spec-community-backed-linux-sbcs-under-200/