Re: OT: Huge Right to Repair Win for Consumers

On 2021-06-10 06:53 +0200, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:

Are you just trolling? I find it very hard to believe that you
actually support the thesis in your bizarre post.

> If law initiatives also now want to take away the exclusive rights of hardware designers
> over their blueprints and hence the market advantage over competitors that they took an
> investment risk for, companies will lose the incentive to design and develop new
> products.

The fact that people have been repairing cars for about a century
without car companies all going bust or giving up on innovation is just
one example illustrating that you are talking complete nonsense,
possibly just to see how many irate emails you could generate.

And yse there is no particular reason why hardware and software should be treated differently in this area, even though manufacturers love to do this.

Wookey
http://wookware.org/