Re: bootcmd for buster on TS-209

On 1/24/21 9:35 PM, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> * Luigi Bai <debian-arm@kandl.houston.tx.us> [2021-01-24 14:06]:
>> I unfortunately migrated by Debian to buster before reading the notes
>> for the QNAP. Now I have an initrd ~ 6M. I did move my /boot partition
>> to a non-LVM partition, so I can skip adding LVM to my initrd. Even so,
>> it's large, with the main culprits apparently libcrypto and libc.
>>
>> Is there a way I can put the initrd into any extra unused NVRAM? I saw
>> an email about RootFS2
>
> RootFS2 is only 1 MB on TS-x09, so that (4+1=5) is still less than the
> 6 MB of your initrd.

I took LVM out of the initramfs hooks, and the initrd is down to a
little over 4M:

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4784700 Jan 27 13:39
/boot/initrd.img-4.19.0-10-marvell

So I think that can be done?

If not, is there a reference for the u-boot commands so I can see how to
put together a bootcmd using TFTP? I have also seen instructions for
using USB/FAT, but I'm not sure I am willing to rely on that just yet.

Thanks, Luigi