Re: Debian installer auf Pinebook (Was: X11 modul for pinebook?)

On 05.03.21 17:10, Alper Nebi Yasak wrote:
> On 05/03/2021 15:03, Christian Kastner wrote:
> I had experienced almost the same thing, and trying it in QEMU I found
> it was prompting for the password over the serial connection. Check
> /proc/consoles to see if serial is the "preferred" console.
>
> If so, adding "console=tty0" to the kernel cmdline (as the last console=
> value) would fix that.

Indeed, /dev/ttyS0 was listed as the preferred console, and modifying
/etc/default/flash-kernel by adding console=tty0 to the kernel command
line solved the issue.

> Also, IIRC installing plymouth works around that as it asks for the
> password on all consoles (as opposed to initramfs-tools asking on only
> the preferred one).

I tried this as well (after removing console=tty0), and this did not
work, unfortunately. But the above is sufficient anyway.

Thanks!
Christian