Re: How to get Realtek RTL8723BS WiFi working with Debian Bullseye on Pine A64+?

On Fri, 2021-02-12 at 18:26 +0000, oregano@disroot.org wrote:

> So Bluetooth isn't so happy, but at least Wifi is.

The Bluetooth firmware file is in the firmware-realtek Debian package.

> Is there something I can (reasonably) do to help move this module
> thing along, or is the best advice to just wait more patiently?

On Debian, does `modprobe rtlwifi` help?

The WiFi firmware file is in the firmware-realtek Debian package.

> On a related topic, what would it take to make the Pine Debian
> installs more nicely packaged, like the Raspbian installs? (Thanks,
> Gunnar!)

There are too many different SBCs to make individual images for each
platform a viable strategy. I think the only reason there are RPi
images is that the hardware is popular and the community around it
expects available images rather than running an installer on-device.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise