Re: Status of Debian on QNAP

Am 09.01.21 um 06:10 schrieb Martin Michlmayr:
>> https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=976723
>>
>> I have no TS-209 for testing. At the moment it only work on kirkwood.
> Does USB work reliably?
Works for me on 2 devices (TS-219p / TS-219p+), since I have open this bug.
It is tested more or less.

The patch can be improved in some parts:
- fix the size check for initrd if USB is used
- set kernel and initrd max size to grather values to be future save
- check size of the USB partition
- show message about USB boot also on orion devices
(I don't know if orion u-boot support usbboot)

The bigest problem I see is to test if the USB device is detect by
u-boot without serial console.
I have problems with some cheap devices.
Should we recomment some models?

What should we do if multiple USB devices are connect at same time when
boot?