Re: Help with an arm64 specific gcc internal error with polymake

On Wed, Nov 11, 2020 at 10:12:19PM +0000, Dominic Hargreaves wrote:
> During the perl 5.32 transition we observed a build failure on arm64 which
> is reproducible on the porterbox and at lease three different buidds::

> However Matthias Klose (and I) tried to isolate the problem using the
> expanded source and that doesn't fail:
>
> g++ -c -std=c++14 -g -O2 -fPIC -fstack-protector-strong -ftemplate-depth=200 -fno-strict-aliasing -fopenmp -Wshadow -Wlogical-op -Wconversion -Wzero-as-null-pointer-constant -Wno-parentheses -Wno-error=unused-function -Wno-stringop-overflow -Wno-array-bounds SparseMatrix-2.ii
>
> (source file attached).
>
> Can anyone help try and pin this down?

Matthias theorized that this could be the OOM killer, which is why
it doesn't happen when built sequentially.

Does anyone have access to a higher RAM machine than the buildds
and amdahl (11GiB) that could help test this theory (and maybe do a
porter upload to unblock the issue for the perl transition?

Cheers
Dominic