Re: Qnap TS-219P+ Kernel 5.9.0-1-marvell

On Thu, Nov 5, 2020 at 10:54 AM Arnd Bergmann wrote:

> I was hoping to see two more Debian armel releases to run on that
> class of ARM926 hardware, but something has to be done about the
> build infrastructure as the Marvell based machines are at the end of
> their useful life and the newer low-end machines cannot replace them
> either.

We are building both armhf and armel on the Ampere arm64 machines now,
but there are some annoying lockups that are being worked on by zumbi
and the Ampere folks. Both arches are thus equivalent from a buildd
hardware perspective, the only differentiating factor would be the
number of porters, the release team recently sent their porter roll
call for Debian bullseye, so you might want to respond to that:

[🔎] CAM8zJQvyaL0quk57Tyzqb4jiE74BoCdfkkfDif+jUEbr7kOd+w@mail.gmail.com/firsthit">https://lists.debian.org/msgid-search/[🔎] CAM8zJQvyaL0quk57Tyzqb4jiE74BoCdfkkfDif+jUEbr7kOd+w@mail.gmail.com/firsthit

--
bye,
pabs