Re: Qnap TS-219P+ Kernel 5.9.0-1-marvell

On 11/3/20 4:32 PM, basti wrote:

Am 03.11.20 um 21:33 schrieb Uwe Kleine-König:
Hello basti,

On 11/3/20 1:20 PM, basti wrote:
Not enough space for kernel in MTD 'Kernel' (need 2316696 but is
actually 2097152).

It seems that Debian ("Bullseye") no longer will run with that.
For now it is not even certain that bullseye will include support for
armhf at all. See

	https://release.debian.org/bullseye/arch_qualify.html

(Disclaimer: I don't know how recent this table is and if there are
efforts to change that, but TTBOMK this is the current official state.)

Best regards
Uwe
Qnap TS-219P+ is armel

Things may have changed but last I heard was that buster would be the last release that include armel. And that was during development.

I have a 212P and a HS210. Plus a few more I maintain for customers. Loosing armel is unpleasant, but probably inevitable. Fortunately, buster will still be around for a few more years.

:-)

--
Philippe

------
The trouble with common sense it that it is so uncommon.
<Anonymous>