Re: The state of Arm64 on Raspberry Pi (and its Documentation

* On 2020 16 Apr 13:20 -0500, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> Besides there is i386 which intel retroactively called IA32, and then to
> confuse everyone decided IA64 was itanium, not the 64bit version of x86.
> Lots of people tried to install ia64 debian on 64 bit x86 machines
> over the years.  Debian calls it amd64 while gcc calls it x86_64 and
> intel calls it em64t or maybe now they changed it to "intel 64", not
> sure actually.

It does seem strange to install the 'amd64' distro on my Intel Core
boxes.  As I was aware of the history behind the name it made sense.
x86_64 is a bit more difficult to type but seems less ambiguous.  Oh
well.

- Nate

Web: https://www.n0nb.us
Projects: https://github.com/N0NB