Re: [Y2038] Trying Debian/armhf rebootstrap with time64

* Ben Hutchings:

> On Mon, 2020-03-16 at 16:02 +0100, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
>> On Mon, Mar 16, 2020 at 3:47 PM Rich Felker <dalias@libc.org> wrote:
>>
>> > libtirpc is the replacement. I wasn't aware if uses libc-provided rpc
>> > headers (presumably only if they exist, since folks are using it fine
>> > on musl) but even if so I think the types will automatically update
>> > when time_t changes. Of course that leaves the libtirpc ABI dependent
>> > on which time_t is used.
>>
>> Ok, makes sense. I suppose it just provides a header with the same
>> name then.
>
> * nfs-utils build-depends on libtirpc-dev, and isn't using the glibc
> SunRPC headers except for <rpc/netdb.h>.  libtirpc's <rpc/rpcent.h>
> specifically avoids declaring things that are also declared in glibc's
> <rpc/netdb.h>.
>
> * ntirpc is a different port of the SunRPC code, used by nfs-ganesha.
>
> * nis and nfswatch really are using the glibc SunRPC headers.

Which part of NIS?  There's a new upstream for libnsl
<https://github.com/thkukuk/libnsl> and the NSS module
<https://github.com/thkukuk/libnss_nis>.  (There is a nisplus module
as well.)

All these use libtirpc and support IPv6 in addition to IPv4.  As far
as I know, it is possible to build a full NIS stack without relying on
any of the legacy glibc code.

(I don't know about nfswatch.)