Re: Raspberry Pi

On 2020.03.01 04:31, Keith Bainbridge wrote:
The last I have seen is that debian hasn't been given drivers for the Pi4. Any info on when that will change?

Well, the situation for networking on Pi4 might change once the Debian maintainers add https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=950578 which is a kernel patch I submitted a few weeks ago.

This is for the ACPI mode that is currently used by the Pi 4 UEFI firmware. I've been using this driver for a while, along with a USB 3.0 based installation of Debian 10.2 and it seems to work quite well (and of course, once you have net support, you should get the other kernel drivers needed once they become available).

By the way, is there are specific mailing list one should contact when a patch seems to have fallen to the cracks?

I was really hoping that this could be fast tracked for 10.3 inclusion, because the Pi 4 platform is quite popular and it would have been nice to be able to perform a netinst of the vanilla ISOs just as we are able to do for the Pi 3.

I tried to bring attention to this patch on debian-release but no one replied and in the one month since it's been open, there hasn't even been acknowledgement that a Debian maintainer has seen this patch.

Who should one contact when they want a Debian-specific kernel patch to be added?

Regards,

/Pete